Pages

Monday 18 February 2019

Mum's New Job

Mum’s New Job


Replace the dots (....) with the missing words to complete the sentences.
I  didn’t  Like mum’s  new job.
“She’s doing  Her best,” said Aunty Jane.
On Saturday, Mum cleaned  the house .
Then I put them on the table.
Mum smiled and  gave me a hug.


Answer these questions about the text.
Why did the boy not like his mum’s new job?
Now I had to go to Aunty Jane’s place after school every day.
What did the boy do to help his mum?
He made some sandwiches. I poured two glasses of juice.
How did his mum feel when he helped her?
Mum smiled and gave me a hug.


Draw a picture in Pixlr of how you could help your mum at home. Write a senten
ce that explains what you are doing.
I help my
Mum to
Cook
dinner
And i help
My mum
to do the
Dishes.

Write these words as contractions use your book to help you.
it + is
Did + not
She + is
I + have
He + is
It’s
Didn’t
“She’s
“I’ ve
He’s

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Nesi, I loved the way you have thought carefully about the book and the different contractions in it.
    Keep up the great learning!
    Mrs Carruthers

    ReplyDelete